24 Things I have learnt in 24 years

10 March 2017


If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I just turned 24; if you don't, you really should - find me here. As I get older, I reflect on my life, I think about the highs, the lows and the things I have learnt. My life hasn't ticked all the boxes on my imaginary to do list but I am extremely grateful for who I am, what I have and where I am. In honour of my birthday, I have complied a list of 24 things I have learnt in the past 24 years.

1. No one can truly prepare you for post uni life.

2. Your life will not go as planned so enjoy it.

3. The people you surround your self with will rub off on you. In the words of Beautii 'your network is your net worth'

4. This too shall pass. Nothing is permament. The good times won't last forever. Neither would the bad.

5. You are your best cheerleader so learn to cheer yourself up.

6. Your passion and job don't have to be one and the same thing. You can make an income to enjoy your passions.

7. No matter how much you love someone, you are capable of getting over them.

8. Be happy now...do not postdate your happiness.

9. You don't know what anyone is going through don't judge them and don't envy them.

10. Social media is one big rose coloured glass. What you see is not necessarily what you get. Don't envy anyone's edited life.

11. Don't change yourself because of anyone, they probably won't like you.

12. People treat you the way you let them.

13. You never really appreciate how much your parents do for you until you have to fend for yourself in the big, bad world, pay your own way and do laundry.

14. Loving yourself is one of the most important things you would have to do.

15. It's ok to laugh at yourself. Don't take yourself so seriously.

16. There is nothing wrong being single. Enjoy it.

17. Love. Real love is a choice. Not the feeling.

18. You might not be married at 23, that's ok too.

19. Don't let the negative committee in your head prevent you from following your dreams.

20. You can be in a crowded room and still be lonely.

21. Being alone and being lonely are two different things.

22. You are strong enough to handle whatever life throws you.

23. People you don't expect will probably let you down, forgive them.

24. Things are not always as they seem - the funny girl could be the most depressed, the introvert could be the most friendly and the one with the perfect looking life could commit suicide.

What lesson has life thought you?

1 comment

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate? outlook 365 sign in

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Tomi Kay Does Beauty
Design by Fearne