MAC Instigator Review

21 March 2017


I got this lipstick free from Back to MAC. In the unlikely case that you haven’t heard that before, Back to MAC is the recycling program from MAC Cosmetics were you take back 6 empty containers and you get a free lipstick in return.

MAC has so many different lipstick options it is exhausting. Every time I go in there for a lipstick, I end up spending a ridiculous amount of time. So I spent a good amount of time at the MAC counter swatching different lipsticks before I asked one of the makeup artists to point me to the lipstick that looks most like my all-time favourite lip pencil, Nightmoth; I was handed Instigator.







Instigator fits MAC’s description of it being a 'deep blackened plum'. It is a such gorgeous purple shade. This lipstick meets up to the standard of MAC's lipstick with its high quality. This is a matte lipstick and if you own any matte lipsticks from MAC, then you know that their mattes are truly matte, however, Instigator has a bit of a sheen to it. I don't mind this as it makes for very easy application and the lipstick feels comfortable on the lips. It is such a creamy long-lasting lipstick and is not overly drying. Although it is a matte lipstick, it does not pull on the lips or apply on patchy. The pigmentation of this lipstick is extremely impressive. I have a few MAC lipsticks but this one went over and beyond my expectation in terms of pigmentation. In a single application, you have an extremely opaque coverage. I cannot speak enough about its amazing colour payoff. I would say this lipstick is not for the faint at heart. It gives an edgy look which I love.



L to R: Nightmoth, Instigator


As you can see, Nightmoth lip pencil is a little darker than and not as purple as Instigator but it is quite close.


I am wearing MAC Lipstick in Instigator alone
As a lover of a bold lip, Instigator is quickly becoming one of my favourite lipsticks. Instigator is such a comfortable matte lipstick with an amazing colour payoff. It is the only lipstick I am comfortable wearing without a lip pencil.





What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?

3 comments

  1. The lipstick is such a gorgeous colour and it looks so good on you! x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade looks stunning on you, I've been wanting instigator for a longg while now! xx Great post, I followed your blog! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

  3. Femingle gives each sort of administrations in regards to the salon. Our salon is at your home. Which can end one of the biggest problems of your life. Such as Traffic weather and many more problems. We arrange the bridal makeup services at home in Lahore only for you

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Tomi Kay Does Beauty
Design by Fearne