January Favourites

27 January 2017












I honestly cannot believe it’s almost the end of January and payday has finally come. Oh how time flies. I wanted to share with you guys some of the beauty products I have been enjoying so far.




Every time I put on this foundation, I fall in love all over again. For me, Double Wear ticks all the boxes. Long lasting, amazing coverage and neutral undertone. What more could I ask? You can read my in depth review here.


Zaron Volumizing Mascara

I got this mascara as part of a Christmas present and I am super impressed. The mascara wand is really something. It separates the lashes and coats every single lash without clumping. I hardly ever have the patience for falsies so I love that this mascara gives an instant boost to my lashes by lengthening and adding volume. The only down side is Zaron is a Nigerian brand and not easily accessible in the UK.

I kept reading reviews about the Makeup Geek eyeshadows and decided to take the plunge and buy a couple to try out. Cocoa Bear is a lovely reddish brown eyeshadow. It is buttery smooth and blends very easily. Cocoa Bear looks perfect in my crease.
 

Corrupt is a buttery black eyeshadow with subtle shimmers in the pan that are not visible on the skin. It is amazingly pigmented, the colour payoff is just wonderful. The pigmentation is phenomenal, honestly; one swipe gives an opaque colour. It is also quite long lasting


NYX Eyeshadow Spellbound

I bought this eyeshadow because I read it was a dupe for MAC Sumptuous Olive, although I am unable to comment on whether it is a perfect dupe or not but I absolutely love it. Spellbound feels very smooth and blends with little effort. It is a lovely olive green shade that complements my dark skin perfectly. I apply this wet to intensify the colour and I apply it over an eye primer so it lasts all day.

NYX Eyeshadow Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold is a deep copper gold eyeshadow. It’s not exactly a true gold, neither is it a copper shade but a lovely blend of both colours. This eyeshadow has a smooth formula and glides on easily. It is very pigmented, I honestly cannot believe the price. Such a great value for money.

W7 Banana Dreams

This banana powder is a really smooth, finely milled, high quality powder. It was love at first try. It is absolutely amazing to set my under eye concealer. The silica contained in it keeps oil under control. It does not crease and doesn’t look ashy on my dark skin. This powder photographs perfectly, there is no white cast and it come off ashy on camera. I also prefer the packaging of this powder as opposed to the shaker bottle that other banana powders come in.

Cherry Blossom is everything. This liquid lipstick never fails. It is a blue-toned red lipstick – my favourite kind of red. It looks wonderful on my dark skin. The lipstick has good staying power, it still looks good on the lips even after a sumptuous meal. It dries to a lovely matte finish but isn’t uncomfortable on the lips and it doesn’t flake like many liquid lipstick. It applies on smoothly and I didn’t experience any patchiness.
 




I have had my eye on this perfume since I took a whiff of it on my friend, so when I stopped by Boots and found a set on offer as part of their Boxing day sales, I knew it was meant to be. It’s such a sexy scent without being overbearing. It has a feminine fresh scent but is not overly sweet. It’s sensual enough to wear in the evening and still able to attract compliments during the day time. Plus the rose gold bottle looks great on any dressing table.
My sister left this pencil at my place and her loss is my gain. I am allergic to the Soap and Glory skincare products so I never tried their makeup items for fear of allergies. But this kohl pencil is everything. It is a creamy, highly pigmented black matte eye pencil. It doesn’t run and it is long wearing. I am highly impressed.

Burnt Pepper is a warm terracotta matte blush. With this blush, a little goes a long way, it is really pigmented. It is very creamy and soft, making it a dream to blend. It looks wonderful on my skin tone and gives the perfect flush of colour and it is long lasting.

What beauty products are you enjoying this month?

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love Double Wear and Olympea too. I need to check out that Zaron mascara, and I think it's time to finally add Cherry Blossom to my wishlist.

    www.beautyfrenzyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I never thought the Zaron mascara would impress me but I was pleasantly surprised. Cherry Blossom needs to be on your wishlist and it is easier to apply than the traditional matte lipstick.

      Delete

Copyright © Tomi Kay Does Beauty
Design by Fearne