2017 Blog Resolutions

6 January 2017

Tomi Kay Does Beauty 2017 Blog Resolution Stock Photo




Happy New Year Folks!!! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday and that the holiday weight comes off quickly. 2016 had quite a few new beginnings for me - I started a business, I started blogging, I unexpectedly got a new job, I moved to Manchester, I started saving seriously - to name a few. In all, I think 2016 was a good one and I have such high hopes for 2017.

Last year, I started this blog and I never realised how much I would come to love blogging. My blog has become so important to me so I have decided to set some goals I would like to work towards this year.


Create and stick to a blogging schedule

When I started blogging, I didn't create a schedule; I wanted to blog twice a week but the lack of a schedule made things disorganised. In 2017, I want to post on Tuesdays and Fridays weekly at the same time. Lord, help me!!!


Schedule blog posts

My blog's draft section is filled with so many unfinished posts that almost never get completed. I find that I only ever complete a blog post when I am ready to post it, which means, that if I get busy or life gets in the way, I won't be able to post. This year, I am aiming to have posts written and scheduled to go out to maintain consistency.

Diversify content

I want to mix things up a little. My blog will be focused on beauty but I want to infuse some other aspects of beauty outside makeup and I want to create some lifestyle content too.


Tomi Kay Does Beauty 2017 Blog Resolution Stock Photo


Work on my blog design

I don't know if I am going to get a new theme all together or just tweak this one to my liking but I want my blog to have larger photos. I also want to work on the mobile site. My current theme, is a free one that I edited to my liking. In doing that, I messed up with the way the mobile site looks so I want to work on that to ensure my blog also looks great on mobile devices.


Improve photos

I want to develop my photography skills. I want to improve my flat lays. I also want to mix up my photos, try different backgrounds, use some props. I am interested in getting some sort of lighting so I don’t have to depend solely on daylight.

There you have it, my goals for 2017. Let me know if you posted any blog goals for 2017, I would love to have a read.

6 comments

  1. You go gurl!!! Totally with you on these goals 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kike. Hopefully I can stay on track.

      Delete
  2. This is so inspiring. I too have drafts galore that don't get finished as I get busy and then they become irrelevant. Thanks so much for sharing:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year we need to empty the draft posts.

      Delete
  3. Obat Penggugur kandungan,,, Nice bag you can earn money from that
    Thanks for your posting
    Visit me @, Obat Aborsi,,
    Jual Obat Aborsi,,,

    Harga Obat Aborsi,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. BPO/KPO Services in krazy mantra
    http://www.krazymantra.com/bpo_kpo_services.php
    Krazy Mantra, we fully understand the enterprise requirement to scaleup and meet enterprise goals. Through our best industry practices, business excellence, we deliver BPO/ KPO/ LPO/ RPO Solutions, helping companies to transform, remain focused on their core activities. Global clients in our fold from UK, Australia and USA among others validates are competency in the domain.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Tomi Kay Does Beauty
Design by Fearne